16 October 2010

It's a Good Thing

We are surrounded with paper work and chores.  We are in day fifty-something of lock down, and as of now, 2 have gone AWOL.  One just this afternoon.  Can't blame him.  How long do they think we can deal with level of tedium?  Those in the line companies get passes here and there.  And, they know that it all ends in 12 weeks.  But here we are indefinitely enduring this crap.

Last week an O-3 told me that "it's not so bad," because now "test scores are up, and you get your phones for an hour."  Thanks sir.  Yesterday an O-1 told me that "it's a good thing because before at HHC they would work for 4 hours and get into civvies and go get drunk.  It was a pay check for nothing!"  Amazing how those who are through are all for this.  Think they would have supported this when they were here?

This week we had a change of responsibility ceremony for the 1st Sergeant.  The Captain said, with a straight face, that the 1st Sgt. personally mentored us, helped with our security concerns, helped us stay connected with our families, and helped get us out of here.  We managed not to crack up in laughter.  New 1st Sgt. informed us that HHC is not a place to heal.  Someone should tell him that this is where OCs go to heal.  Someone who gets a phone for more than one hour please call him and tell him that.

Charlie is classing up again on Monday.  Above is the trash that those heading over left for us.  Thanks.  I heard they came and took care of it, but only because we raised the issue.  Think they'll have another suicide this cycle?
I snapped this last night.  I call it "resignation."  She was looking for something she couldn't find.

At least this week SM got her orders.  She'd been here since March.  I miss her, but I'm happy for her.  Am I up next?

2 comments:

  1. I doubt if you can get leave to attend the Rally to Restore Sanity, but you might consider Ariana Huffington's advice:
    Taking a stand for sanity is not a partisan position. It's neither right nor left. It's reasonable. So stroll over to your window (no need to rush), open it, and, without shouting, repeat after me: "I'm sensible as hell... and I'm not going to take it any longer than is reasonable."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite nominee for rally signs is:

    You're so sane, I bet you think this sign is about you.

    There aren't many venues where one could carry such a sign....

    ReplyDelete